- Country: United States
- Region: Texas
- City: Arlington
We currently have a full time opening for an Embalmer Apprentice at DFW Care Center in Arlington, TX. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Learns to care for the remains of the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks. Fulfills the requirements as dictated by the licensing Board in the practicing state or province. Works under the supervision of a licensed embalmer.
• Cares for deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include:
• Verifying identification and embalming authorization
• Performing restorations
• Completing removals and transfers
• Dressing, styling hair and/or applying cosmetics.
• Any other preparation required for human remains
• Adheres to all applicable professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authority regulations
• Promotes a safe work environment be being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
• Assists with maintenance of preparation room and the facility
• Cleans soiled equipment and hazardous material spills
• Ensures hazardous materials and spills are handled in accordance with the Material Data Safety Sheets
• Assists with chemical and supply inventory
• Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Completion of or currently enrolled in a diploma training program at a recognized college or technical school specializing in funeral service or mortuary science
• Graduation pending from accredited mortuary college or other degree as required by state /province law
• Must meet all licensing requirement in applicable state/province as required by law as prescribed by each state board.
• Valid driver's license
• None required
• Ability to lift over 75 pounds
• Standing for 2 – 3 hours
• Pushing and pulling 30 – 300 pounds with a wheeled stretcher
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Acceptable driving record
• Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Good communication skills
• Problem solving skills
Who we are. What we do.
We're more than North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
• 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
• Vacation and sick time
• Tuition reimbursement
• Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
|Service Corporation International|
|0 - 80000 Hour|
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier cheques from outside your country
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"